Today, millions of people around the world suffer from high blood pressure. For Thailand from the survey data of the Health System Research Institute
Thai Health Research Institute Together with the Ministry of Public Health It is estimated that there are about 10 million people with high blood pressure, about 70% of
These people do not know they have the condition. Causing not receiving proper treatment or behavior Which will lead to complications
Damage of various vital organs in the body such as heart, brain, kidneys, blood vessels and eyes, etc., which can be fatal as well.
What are the symptoms of people with high blood pressure?
The main symptoms seen in people with high blood pressure. Is easily tired, chest pain Headaches are generally occipital pain and usually in the morning.
If blood pressure is very high and rises rapidly, nausea and blurred vision may occur. In some cases, there may be other symptoms, such as a nosebleed.
When abnormal symptoms occur, consult a doctor. Because if high blood pressure is found, it can be treated properly and promptly.
Which when blood pressure drops to normal, the symptoms will disappear.
Who is likely to have high blood pressure?
• People with family or relatives history of high blood pressure. Pre-diabetes
• Preeclampsia It is a high blood pressure condition that occurs in conjunction with pregnancy. Blood pressure will drop after delivery.
• Kidney disease such as nephritis or some chronic kidney disease.
• Use birth control pills in some women. Blood pressure will return to normal when the drug is stopped.
• Too much stress and anxiety.
Recommendations for patients with high blood pressure
Losing weight can help lower blood pressure and help control blood sugar levels.
• Avoid high fat fried foods, eat baked, steamed, boiled foods instead.
• Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages.
• Eat more vegetables, nuts, fruits.
• Avoid foods such as pickled, salty, pineapple, or foods that are too salty.
- Do not stress. Try to calm your mind consciously and relax against stress. Either in various environments or at work that sometimes we can not change or avoid.
- Take medication regularly as prescribed by the doctor. If symptoms or side effects occur from medication, you should consult your doctor immediately. Can reduce the dose or change the medication to suit
- Exercise in moderation 20-30 minutes of exercise It will help you lose weight and improve blood circulation before exercising, consult your doctor first, it will be even more beneficial for your patients.
- Check blood pressure regularly. Blood pressure measurements may be taken once a week. Or when having a stressful headache
And should note the values, such as the date of measurement of pressure, pressure, which will be helpful to the doctor
In the treatment of high blood pressure for you in the future