How do patients use drugs safely?
Although medications can be used to heal the sick and make the body feel better. But it is important to keep in mind that All drugs are available.
Danger, as it is useful Therefore, before using the drug should be carefully considered before every use. Effective drug use and
Safety is at the heart of treatment which requires knowledge, understanding and cooperation between patients, doctors, nurses and pharmacists.
So we should know how to do it. Reducing the risk and getting the most benefit from drug use are five things:
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist to tell you more details about yourself such as
• Do you have a history of drug allergies or not? Should remember the name of the drug. And inform the doctor or pharmacist every time that any drug allergies
• Have you been taking medications or other supplements during this time?
• Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Always notify your doctor or pharmacist. Because some drugs can affect the unborn child or flow with breast milk.
• You have certain restrictions on how you use your medication, such as difficulty swallowing or difficulty swallowing the medication. Your doctor or pharmacist will change the dosage form to make it more convenient for you to eat. Or have a career that requires long distance driving Working with dangerous machines Therefore unable to take drugs that cause drowsiness
• If you have questions or do not understand. Ask your doctor or pharmacist carefully. This will avoid the use of the wrong drugs.
- When you received the drug You should be familiar with the drugs used as much as possible.
• Remember the generic name of the drug and the trade name of the drug. To avoid using drugs that you are allergic to Reduce double use and overdose
• Remember the characteristics of the drug such as color, smell, shape of the tablets, etc. When the condition of the drug changes from the beginning, such as the color, it should be avoided to use such drugs because the drug deteriorates may cause harm.
• Listen to explanations of drug use from pharmacists, such as when, how much and how long to take, when in what situations, when to stop the drug, and side effects after taking it.
- Read the drug label and strictly follow the description.
• Should understand how to use the drug properly and correctly. If you do not understand the part, you should consult a doctor or pharmacist.
• Always read the label at least 2 times before each use. To ensure that you have taken the correct medication
• Keep medicines in the appropriate space as indicated on the label of the medicine.
• Do not store different drugs in the same container. Because of possible contamination The bags should be separated and the medicine for internal and external use should not be stored close to each other. Because it may occur in use
- Avoid drug interactions.
• Ask your doctor, pharmacist or specialist what medications you are taking. Are there any drug, food, drink or supplement interactions?
• Every time you get a new drug. Should bring the original medicine that is being eaten Show it to a doctor or pharmacist. Checked and reconfigured the drug so that it was not duplicated and the most effective drug was obtained.
- Check the drug effect and side effects from the medication.
• Should know how to use drugs. To reduce side effects For example, the drug should be taken immediately after eating. To reduce abdominal pain
• Pay attention to the symptoms of the body. If there is anything wrong, you should consult a doctor.
• Know how to act when side effects occur from drug use.
Although the use of drugs is dangerous along with the benefits. But actions to reduce the dangers of drug use can be done as mentioned above.
Which is not too poor to be practiced But the benefits are very worthwhile and should always keep in mind that your involvement with doctors, pharmacists.
And experts on your own drug use closely will make you safer using drugs.